Saturday, December 4, 2010

Where did I go? Where am I now?

I'm going to try not to read the date in which my last post was published...I'm pretty sure it was like 18 years ago.  Sometimes I do things like that.  Get excited to start something, start it, gung-ho it for 2.5 seconds and then hide.  Sorry.  I really wasn't hiding.  I was trying to get a job and guess what?  I got one!

I'm now the development coordinator for the Santa Cruz SPCA.  Dream come true right there.  It's the best job I have ever had and ever will have and as I was pulling out of the shelter last night I told myself "I want to work here forever and ever."  How many people finally find the job they were made for?  To say I feel lucky is an understatement and I just pray to God that he'll let me keep it.  God, can I please keep it?

Life gets really stressful when you have to deal with this kind of hogwash all day...













I mean seriously...what's this all about?  I didn't sign up for this.  Puppy breath and lot's of it.  Stick a fork in me 'cuz I'm done.

Now this little girl is ridiculous.


I don't know how I sleep at night.  Her name is Jaws and her ears are constantly in my dreams, I wake up sweating and screaming regularly.  My donald duck quack got that little head cock... it was a proud moment.


Talk about screaming... this guy takes the cake.  He chases me all over the office with half a mouth of teeth and a HUGE attitude.  When he's not trying to guard that darn bed he's a real love.  But that's only about 7 minutes of the day.

 

How do I go on living when this set of eyes follows me wherever I go?  It can get downright painful.  Until I scoop her up on my lap and ask her to revise my emails.  She's really good at it.

Now you see the kinds of things I deal with on a daily basis and let me know if the cuteness scares you the way it does me.  You can rest assured that this shelter is no-kill, which means these little buggers are with us until someone comes along and takes them home.  It means I don't have to break in at night and set them all free.  It also means I don't have to become an animal hoarder and take them all home to live with me.  I'm pretty sure my husband would divorce me so I'm glad it won't come down to that.  Moving on...

These are REAL pictures of REAL dogs at my place of work, the Santa Cruz SPCA.  The pictures were taken by the one and only Portia Shao (http://positivevista.com) and you can see our whole collection of wonder-pups and super-kitties at the shelter website (http://www.santacruzspca.org)  Just keep yourself together. Suck it up.  Oh and donate if you want...that's the only way we can keep doing what we are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment